The Young Adults with a Purpose program is directed by the Teamsters National Black Caucus, Southern California chapter, and administered by Mrs. Denise Booker and friends. The goal is to rebuild and strengthen the communities in which we work and live in, by training and encouraging young men and women with the knowledge and leadership skills needed to become successful and productive citizens within their community.
This is an eight (8) month program and it is designed especially for young men and women ages 17-24. The goal of this program is to encourage and provide tools to help our young adults discover their life purpose. The transition from teenager to adulthood can sometimes be very dif cult and takes more than just the school system or even family for success — it takes an entire village to assist with the successful transition.
Young Adults with a Purpose has designed several workshops, led by Teamster members, to train and assist young adults with a successful transition from Adolescence to Adulthood.
Workshops are geared towards:
- Create a positive self-image
- Develop self-confidence
- Build communication skills
- Provide structured social activities to promote social awareness and learn valuable personal skills.
- Promote unity amongst peers and broader community
- Goal Setting and Career planning
- Self-esteem building
- Politics (National and Local)
- Scholarship Applications
- Personal Development
- Workforce and the role of Labor Unions.
- Leadership Skill Building
- Effective Communication techniques
- Community Awareness
Questions? Contact Denise Booker at firstname.lastname@example.org —909-522-0214
Mail completed application by March 2nd to:
Teamsters Local 1932
433 N. Sierra Way
San Bernardino, CA 92410